HSAA is the union of health-care professionals, representing approximately 29,000 members across Alberta. Don’t be shy! We want to hear from you.
Toll Free1-844-280-HSAA (4722)
#6160 333 – 96 Avenue NE
Calgary, Alberta T3K 0S3
Fax (780) 488-0534
18410 – 100 Avenue NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5S 0K6
Fax (780) 488-0534
There are many reasons an employee in one of our bargaining units may need to contact us. You may need to update your personal information, you may have a question, or you may need to discuss a complaint or a grievance. We want to meet your needs; please help us give you the best service possible.
Note: HSAA has a zero tolerance policy for harassment of members and staff. Members may view the entire harassment policy on the Member Hub under Member’s Resources/Member Policies/2.43 Harassment/Staff – click here to visit the Member Hub policies page.
When you call HSAA, your call is received by staff in the Members’ Resource Centre (MRC). To provide the best service and direct your call appropriately, we will ask you for the following information:
- Employer/Site/Work Location
- Contact information
- Purpose of the call (i.e. query or complaint)
- Have you spoken with your Steward?
- If you are making a complaint, we will need a brief description of the issue.
- What happened?
- When did it happen?
- Who is involved?
- Where did this happen?
- Why is there a concern/issue?
- How did this event happen (if applicable)?
- Have you reviewed your collective agreement?
- Are there any important deadlines to consider?
- What outcome are you seeking?
If your question cannot be addressed by MRC staff, you will be referred to the Labour Relations Officer (LRO) for your area. Often, because of the nature of our work and the number of members we serve, your LRO will not be immediately available. If there is an imminent deadline of other reason for your urgency, you will be transferred to an alternate LRO for assistance.
Your LRO will return your call within three (3) business days and:
- Review the information taken during your initial call
- Ask you additional questions
- Offer advice on resolving your issue
- Provide honest feedback and advise you if there is merit to file a grievance
- File the grievance (if needed) and support you through that process
- Discuss alternatives to resolve the complaint with your employer if the matter is not a violation of the agreement.
- Provide timely responses to your emails and phone calls as well as regular updates on the progress of your case.
We need you to be an active participant in resolving workplace issues. We expect you to:
- Provide your name and contact information and keep us up to date if your contact information changes
- Review your collective agreement
- Provide a full and honest explanation of the issue
- Provide information as requested
- Return calls in a timely manner
- Ask questions
- Follow the advice provided
- Provide new information as it surfaces
- Understand and respect your LROs role
If you have a complaint or compliment regarding the service provided, please contact us at email@example.com.
Business hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
After hours media inquiries only:
- (587) 991-9445
- (587) 338-1865