HSAA’s mission and strategic plan serve as a focal point for all of our union’s activities and coveys a concrete yet unrealized vision for HSAA as we continue to look out for the health of Albertans.
Members are active in HSAA and support union values.
- Identify and respond to key issues that members care about.
- Increase the number of active Local Units and degree and level of activity.
- Create opportunities for leaders within HSAA to connect with the membership.
- Enhance opportunities for members to engage with HSAA and become activists in ways that best suit their needs and preferences.
HSAA is recognized as a strong and united voice for workers.
- Improve members’ knowledge of their rights to bargaining, strike and union involvement.
- Increase members’ understanding of the value of HSAA’s role in their lives, the resources it provides and the rights it protects.
- Enhance the reputation of HSAA.
HSAA will actively represent its members in the workplace as well as in the political and legislative environments.
- Expand opportunities to develop alliances to address specific needs of HSAA, the unorganized and marginalized.
- Enhance engagement within the political environment.
- Ensure operational excellence of HSAA.
- Increase opportunities for diversity and inclusion.
- Recruit, train and utilize Stewards.